Monday 22 April 2013

Why I Write

I write to escape. There are some things that I would simply rather not talk about with anyone, but when I keep it in my mind I feel like my head is about to explode. When I write it all down, and try to free my mind it makes me feel better. Writing things down is easier than trying to sort through all of the thoughts in my head. I get too stressed out when I try to do this, and by writing everything down I can look calmly back at it without getting too flustered.

I don't know why it feels better for me to write personal things down in a journal. No one reads it but me, yet it still makes me feel as if a weight is lifted from my shoulders when I do this. It is kind of a way to vent out my emotions to myself rather than to someone else. My writing is usually nothing very extravagant like poems or lyrics, it is usually just a recap of my day, and thoughts that I have. I enjoy thinking back on things and writing them down. There are some things that I do not want to forget, and keeping a journal helps me.

4 comments:

  1. I understand why you feel better to write personal things down a journal. Sometimes we have secrets that don't want anyone to know, but we feel really tired of keeping something as secret and not sharing with anyone. I always have this feeling, I always want to tell everyone my secrets. Writing it down seems like sharing with yourself, and to find a way to release that tiring pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing down all your troubles is really a good and smart way to release all the stress. I think that is why so many people love to write diaries. They either put down all the happiness they have or sadness and pressure. Moreover, when you look them back in the future, you will once again remind themselves not to do the same mistakes again. Also, no one will know your secret , if you burn all the papers (:
    I may try the same thing as you do when I have pressure in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is a good way to keep your mind clear. I agree that if you write whats going on in your head it no longer on your shoulders cause its in the book. I don't know if this makes sense but it feels like its not your problem any more its the books problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing down how you feel and the different things that may be worrying you at the time is a great stress reliever. Writing gives you the opportunity to clear your head of those things that may be troubling you, and helps boost your feelings. Many people are oblivious to the benefits of writing, but I'm glad to see that you are fully aware of its advantages. :)

    ReplyDelete