Tuesday 16 April 2013

Lightbulb Moments

Lightbulb Moments


English allows for many "lightbulb moments" to occur. A major lightbulb moment that happened to me not too long ago took place at my friends house. Her step mother began talking to us about the conflict between Israel and Palestine, and I knew exactly what she was talking about. I am learning all about the Israeli's and Palestinians in World Issues class. I could easily talk in this conversation and it made me feel very mature and grown up to be talking about current events.

Another lightbulb moment that I have is whenever I talk about books. I love reading. My uncle is a school teacher, and whenever we hear from each other we talk and compare the books that we have read. We recommend books to each other, and I always feel very educated when we have conversations like this, they make me feel more like an adult.

Also, a little thing is that my mom always talks to me about how when she was in high school she did not have a good work ethic. She is always so surprised at the amount of work I get, and that I can finish it all while also having a job. It makes me feel good that someone notices all of my hard work paying off. 

1 comment:

  1. I know those lightbulb moments! When you learn something in class or hear it on the TV or radio, and then you watch a movie or have a conversation with someone about it. Lets say, in my experience, after we read Lord of The Flies in English class, I was watching TV back home and the show was a parody of this book! If I hadn't read it, I might not understand what was going on.

    ReplyDelete